Kahr Polymer .40 !!!!

Onslaught

All the "rumors" of a new Kahr P40 were enough to make me go straight to the source... here's my e-mail from kahrcs1@aol.com (Kahr customer service )

The P40 is in the beginning stages of production. I have not heard or seen of
any plans to make an MK polymer. The P40 should be available within the next
few months. Providing testing and manufacture goes as planned.

Thank You
Kahr

:D :D :D :D :D :D

P40? No thanks

Personally, the P9 was a little painful for me with +p ammo. I wouldn't want to try the P40. IMHO, that very narrow Kahr grip with .40S&W recoil would be a tooo painful combination. Maybe it's just how it fit my hand. The P9 is very controlable, it just feels a little like driving a wedge into my hand. This might actually be a case where having smaller hands might be an advantage.

Monty

I've got the K40 now, but I don't think I'll be trading it in for a polymer version. So it may be a bit lighter, but I like my chunk of steel just the way it is.

Monty:

That's what my K40 feels like. I get a feeling of impact between the thumb and forefinger. I've installed a Harrts recoil reducer. That and holding the gun very, very tightly makes it tolerable for 100 rounds or so. I suspect a P40 would be quite a ride, but not for me.

On the other hand, the MK9 and K9 are pussycats to shoot. Haven't had a chance to try a P9.

M1911

Back