Kahr P9 trigger, good + problem

Bart Noir

Put about 120 ball and 15 +P hollowpoints through my new P9 Saturday, and the more I shot it, the more I liked it. The trigger (Elite version, I guess) is better than any DA style and Glock that I have fired. One problem, I had it fail to reset the trigger one time, around the 40th shot. The slide cycled and loaded another round from the magazine, but the trigger was loose like the slide hadn't been cycled back at all. New gun, just breaking it in, so should I be worried or just shoot another hundred or two times? Anybody else have this problem?

Oh yeah, and I have the premature lockback problem. Now, don't y'all snicker, it ain't that really bad premature problem that the Missus might complain about. The slide locks back in the middle of every magazine of +P rounds. Yeah, I'll have to send it back. Can I expect Kahr to pay for UPS shipping?

Bart Noir,
"An armed society is a polite society". - Robert Heinlen

You should go to the Kahr Arms website and ask them. They usually get back within a day or so. I have nothing but goods things to say about their customer service so far.

I have an MK 40 without the Elite trigger. How much better is the Elite? The trigger pull on mine is about 7lbs. Not bad when you consider there is no manual safety. I don't know if I'd want it too much lighter.

Make sure you email Kahr at the customer service address kahrcs1@aol.com, as the parts address goes totaly un noticed, in my experience.

I had the striker problem... Mine's at Kahr as we speak. Nothing but the best to say about customer service.

In my case, it just got worse as I continued to fire... E-mail Kahr, ask 'em to send out a "call ticket" for it, and it's $0 to you!

When the gun comes back, both problems should be resolved.

Good luck, and I agree with your summation of the trigger. Best I've ever fired!

Back