Kahr P-9 Redeux

Mike in VA

After researching the P-9 here and elsewhere, I picked-up a P-9 in late February. I was aware of the slide lock problem, but found more positive reviews than negative, and figured I'd take a chance. The first trip to the range turned out to be very disappointing, as the slide locked back after virtualy every shot. Yeah, it was quite accurate and the trigger was nice, but damn, I got a lemon.

I promptly returned it to Kahr Customer Service, who replaced the slide lock spring and polished the feed ramp. I had the chance to wring it out at the range over the weekend, and I must say it's like a brand new gun! I fed it 200 rounds of a variety of ball and JHP, it fed and operated flawlessly. It took aobut three weeks total turn around time, my e-mails were answered promptly, and they reimbursed me for shipping. All in all, a very positive experience.

Any mfr. will occasionally have a lemon get out, but it's what they do about it that counts, and I'm happy to report that Kahr did right by me. M2

I love my P9, despite the fact that it suffered from the "design defect" inherent in the original slidestop configuration. Kahr identified the problem, and fixes it free of charge, including shipping. My P9 also came back good as new...

Haven't had to use their customer service yet,

but sure do like my K9 Elite. Kahr seems to make a really good gun.

I found somethin interesting with my P9 yesterday.

After firing abot 350 rounds total the trigger pin was walking out of the left side of the frame. I just pushed it back in & it`s fine now. I`ve had no problem with the slide stop but it was probably manufactured afterwards.

Back