kahr P 40

I bought one about a month ago, I've shot about 250 rounds through it and it performed well. Several failures to go into battery in fist 100 rounds after that it performed well. The recoil is rather snappy, kinda like a G33 with 125 Gold Dots(not as loud). When I was leaving the range a customer who had bought one earlier and shot about 200 rounds through it had one of the rails, front, to break, so I'm still not 100% on the gun. I know that Kahr offers good customer service and they have told me that I shouldn't have a problem with mine, his was a fluke(I dunno). Hopefully I will get 100% behind this gun as it could be the ultimate CCW gun, if that exist. My P9 is very good and goes every where with me...Stay Safe

I'm getting the new-gun itch and the P40 is looking like the tool to scratch it. Anybody else out there with experience of it, keep the reports coming.

I have a K4040 (kahr in .40 S & W). recoil is substantial but I didn't buy it to take to the range and shoot 200 rounds every week, I bought it to carry alot and shoot a little.

No problems in a few hundred rounds (I don't keep a log like some people). Feeds well, (hydroshoks, etc), feels great in your hand, sights small but OK for a carry piece. Mine has a bad trigger with lots of pre travel and a long pull. I spent the requisite outrageous sum for a better trigger from the factory.....I couldn't tell a difference.

The strong points are that it is light, reliable, packs a pretty hefty cartridge (.40 S$W) and above all else......It is dead accurate. Astoundingly accurate!

PigPen

Back