Kahr MK9 - Standard or Elite 98

Runner

I know the topic of the Kahr MK9 trigger pull has been discussed before. However, could someone please tell me what the difference between the standard trigger pull versus the Elite 98 trigger pull is other than it being slightly shorter. Seems to me there was some other difference in the trigger as well.
I have freed up some money so will be buying a MK9 soon :D, so am trying to figure out which model to get. What are the factory night sights like? Its not a question of if I will get night sights but only which ones.
Any more recommendations for a central Texas MK9 purchase would be appreciated :)

I just recently purchased a standard MK-9, and am totally satisfied with the trigger, and everything else.

It makes a great pocket gun. Unlike some who complain about the weight, I find that not to be a problem at all.

The stroke is shorter, smoother, and feels lighter. I have not put a scale to them so I can't give you any weight readings.

Jeff OTMG is right on the money. I've got a standard MK9, but tried the trigger on a K9 Elite 98. Very, very smooth. That said, the standard MK9 trigger certainly isn't bad. You'll love either -- they are amazingly accurate for such small pistols.

As for the night sights, I don't really know. The ones I've seen in gun shops seem pretty good, but I don't have them on mine.

Get the elite. If you get one with factory night sights, the factory sights are Trijicons.

M1911

due to the different geometry, the elite trigger has a shorter stroke, and this results is a slightly harder pull. but it also makes it feel crisper. Also, the elite trigger does not go as far back when fully pulled: this gives it a slightly longer reach. I don't know how much more the elites are selling for, but you can pick up the parts to retro fit for about $50, and polish the gun yourself.
frank

Back