Kahr MK9 Arrived Today

Runner

It's finally here! My Kahr MK9 arrived today.

jump.gif

zj86667.jpg

Nice. Very Nice. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine. Can't tell. Did you get the nite sites?

M16,
Yes, I went whole hog and got the Elite 98 w/ Trijicon night sights. I have a FIST SOB holster on the way.

The Kahr MK9 is a great little pistol. Albeit, it's a tad heavy for a 9mm but the pluses far outweigh the minuses. My biggest complaint was the sharp corners on the slide stop. A short trip to a smith easily remedied that minor flaw.

I also got the elite model which has a very nice trigger pull. In addition, I got the front strap checkered 30 lpi and a reliability job done on my MK9. On days where deep concealment is a must, I choose the my little MK9 over the other "mouse" guns.

Here's mine with an Alessi CQC/I iwb holster.

kahr.jpg

ArmySon,
Very nice as well. I had just been thinking about getting the front strap checkered. Thanks, now I know 30 lpi and have a picture as well!

I just got my MK9 Elite 98 w/ Trijicon night sights as well. I was looking at the grip extension from PearceGrip. Anybody has any experience with the grip extension?

If you don't mind, what did you guys pay for your MK9 Elite 98's (with and without nite sites)? Also, what does a regular MK9 cost? Thanks

Grip Extension for Kahr

I have used the Pearce grip extension on both the P9 and on my MK40.

It is the only thing that makes the MK 40 controllable for me. They improved my ability to hold the P9 as well, I have large hands.

Kahr's are great little guns, I have not tried the MK9 but I beleive the MK 40 is the absolute most pistol (in terms of sheer power) in the smallest package available.

I know I should post this on for sale but I have a new unused magazine for a MK9 that I would let go for $20.00. Got it to modify into a Colt Pocket Nine, then Colt released a bunch of Pocket Nine Mags so I never touched the Kahr Mag.

Just got back from the range. My MK9 swallowed 115 gr FMJ and 147 gr Hydra-Shock with no problems. I am fixing to order some Speer 124 gr +P Gold Dot to give a try for my carry round.

ArmySon,
Yes, the slide stop is a little sharp. Do you have a close up picture of your modified slide stop? The front strap checkering will make it a darn near perfect weapon for CCW. I don't mind the weight I think it is beneficial while shooting.

Ghibli,
I am going to get a Pearce Grip extension for my Kahr as well. I have one for my Glock 27 and have been very pleased with it.

November,
I paid $540 with a LEO discount. I have seen standard models for $419 NIB in Shotgun News.

[Edited by Runner on 03-23-2001 at 12:41 AM]

November:

You'll never believe how much I paid for my MK9 Elite 98 with night sights.... US$1,500!!!

I live in Thailand and gun prices here are triple of those in the US!

Ok, here are two pictures of the slide stop. All the sharp edges were beveled. Plus, I took a new macro of the checkering. The updated picture is in my old post.

slidestop.jpg
slidestop2.jpg

Steve Clark Custom did the checkering. However, he's no longer in business. If you want checkering that's just as good, I would recommend Cylinder & Slide. They'll checker a Kahr w/ 20 lpi or 30 lpi for $165.

hope you enjoy yours as much as i do mine.
btw, instead of checkering on the front strap, i took a hogue handall grip, cut out the finger groove section, and super glued it to the front strap. it's a lot cheaper than checkering, not perminent, and so far seems to be durable.

Kahr MK9 Slide Stop

For God sakes don't spend money on a smith to smooth the MK9 slide stop. I took a very fine file to mine. What once cuts is now smooth and shiney.

I purchased an MK9 3months ago, (not the Elite). So far, no problems - I carry it in my pocket. The weight doesn't bother me at all. I used to think Kahr should make a polymer version of this gun, but to be honest, I think the extra weight helps out with recoil. This gun is just the ticket for what it is - a reliable, pocket 9MM.

Back