Kahr, Kahr or Steyr - help me decide!

MilesTeg

I am going back and forth between 3 pistols and which will be my next purchase (wife wants to get me a late Christmas present). The pistols are the Kahr MK9, the Kahr polymer P9 and the Steyr M357. Anyone have any experienced with these pistols. How well do they conceal? How is their reliabilty and function? Thanks!

Kahr P9. Only downside is 7+1 capacity. Other than that it is a great little gun. Light, mega-slim, conceals like a dream and accurate.

I have a Kahr MK9 and P9 but no experiences with the Steyr. My MK9 was lightly customized to suit my anal desire to modify everything. However, straight out of the box, the MK9 will function flawlessly. Soon, I’m going to have my P9’s grip cut down so that it’ll accept standard MK9 mags.

When deep concealment is a must, I pack on either the MK9 or P9. Both are great little guns.

I know nothing of Steyr, but I own an MK9 and a P9. I LOVE my Kahrs!!!

The P9 is the lightest, and because it is so slim, it dissapears IWB or Belt slide holster. It is NOT a true pocket pistol however. The MK9 is a bit heavier, but is an actual pocket gun.

I personally prefer the P9 for my primary carry pistol, because I can get my pinkie on the grip. The MK9 was too small for me, but my wife LOVES it.

If it's for deep concealment (crotch pouch, pocket pistol) then I'd go MK9. If IWB, bellyband, and beltslide are more your ticket, then P9 is the way to go.

This month's Gun Test magazine raises issue with the long trigger pull of the Kahr. This is by no means a slam on the Kahr, but look into some range time with one to make sure you're comfortable with it.

Have a K9 Elite '98 and a Steyr M40. I like the Kahr but it is easily the M40 due to very low bore axis, capacity, accuracy, muzzle flip, ergonomics, trigger reset & trigger pull.

Thanks everyone for your input!! I went and bought the P9 and I am very impressed. The P9 is much more accurate than I expected and the size and weight is incredible. Not sure why anyone would want a .380 when you can get 7+1 rounds of 9MM in a similar size or even smaller/lighter package. Only downside is putting the recoil spring guide back in. Wow!!

Back