Kahr K/P9 compatability?

jmstr

Hello,

I have a Kahr K9 and have a question about the interchangeability of parts between the K and P series. Namely, is the P9's recoil spring guide rod interchangeable with the K9's unit? The part numbers don't help, as they have the same part number [as ALL KAHR PARTS do]. The only difference is that the number is followed by a K for the K series and a P for the P series. This doesn't tell me if they are interchangeable.

I am asking because I am interested in finding a recoil reducing guide rod for my K9, but have only seen them listed for the P series. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

jason

Hello. I THINK that they are the same part as the only differences in the two pistols are the frames and how the slide stop lever is kept down. Best.

AFAIK, only the frame assembly and the slide itself are different. For example, I just ordered a guide rod and recoil spring for my E9. I ordered the K9 parts, and there is no problem.

If the Haart's vendor will let you return it, order one and compare them side-by-side when it arrives. All it will cost you is a little time and postage if it doesn't look as though it will fit. Good luck.:)

Response from an e-mail I sent about a year ago about the exact same thing, in reverse (K9 reducer for a P9)...

Dear Steve,

The HARRTS for the K9 will fit the new P9. HARRTS is working on a unit for the MK-9, but I have no idea when it will be available.

You can order the HARRTS for the K/P9 over the phone using MasterCard or Visa, via e-mail to this address, or you can mail a Money Order to me.

To order by phone call:

1-888-856-2485 Monday thru Friday, 9am to 3pm, Eastern Time

To order by mail, send M/O or credit card info to:

John Q's Quality
PO Box 28734
Richmond, VA 23228

Thanks for your interest!

John Q

Back