Kahr has started production on a 1911.

vmaam

I spoke to the Kahr factory today to check on the status of night sites being added to my P9 today and the guy stated that they started on a production run last month on the old Para-Ordnance 1911. I knew that Kahr recently purchased Para-Ordnance. He says they re-worked some design features and it is an affordible sweet pistol.

Anyone seen it yet? If it's like the other Kahr products, it should be nice.

I knew that Kahr bought Auto-Ordnance, didn't know that they also bought Para-Ordnance. Could somebody please clarify this?

I'm not putting words in his mouth but I think he meant Auto and not Para. I also heard they bought Auto Ordnance and that, eventually, they were going to use the same technology that they use on their Kahr line on the AO line soon. I guess that time has finally come, can't wait to see 'em!

I certainly hope that Kahr can work it's mojo on the Auto Ordinance .45 1911. They do seem to have the touch. Now if they come under SA and Kimber, in the price range of CD, then they will have a winner. A good reliable 1911 that people can play with and update, but is a good shooter right out of the box, would be a winner. I do not necessarily want all the bells and whistles on the loaded pistols, but find the mil spec guns to unrefined. I had an opportunity this weekend this to handle quite a few older 1911's and they just have a different feel then their modern counterparts- leaner and more comfortable. I'm sure it is just me, but they feel better. The Kimber CDPs come closest to the feel. More elligant is a phrase that comes to mind.

If the Kahr 1911 is as good as my Kahr K9, I'll be VERY interested...

I'd be even more interested if they come out with one in .38 Super.

Does anyone know anything about the Thompson 1911 of recent manufacture before Kahr bought them? I have seen a few at a local shop for under $300.00 . Are they good shooters for the money ? Where were they being made? Who owned the Thompson name?----

Mike Irwin wrote "I'd be even more interested if they come out with one in .38 Super. "

Make one in 10mm and fix the longevity problems Colt had with the Delta and I would be parting with $600-$700 reeeeal quick.

I agree with Mike Irwin, .38 Super would be nice.

The pistols that Auto Ord made before being bought by Kahr were pretty spotty in quality from what I remember. I think they changed the name of the pistols from A-O to Thompson to help remove some of the stigma that the old A-O name had.

Back