Kahr factory holsters

IRock

Has any one tried Kahr's factory pocket holsters? Their web site does not have much information on the pocket holster as far as what it is made with. Also I was curious about the stability of the Alessi Talon they offer as a single clip holds it in place and is it comfortable. I know of MIlt Sparks and others, I have a few for other handguns. Thanks

OK, but not great ...

I have the MK-series pocket holster. It is made of nice, thick leather.

It has a clever feature that lets you swap the flap for right or left pocket carry. However the seams are not sealed, so when you insert the gun in the holster, the slide release catches and pulls on the part that holds the pistol in place. Over time the stitching could get pulled apart. I consider it a design flaw in an otherwise nice, if overpriced, holster.

FWIW, their online shop fulfills orders promptly. I got the holster and a magazine delivered in less than two weeks.

Lee

Alpo, will the holster stay in your pocket when you draw? It does not appear to have a hook or any type of abrasive strip to keep it in our pocket on the draw. I like the idea of the flap for concealment though. Looks like it would be good for front or rear pocket. Is the holster tight fitting to the gun so that it's thin in the pocket? Thanks

Alpo, will the holster stay in your pocket when you draw? It does not appear to have a hook or any type of abrasive strip to keep it in our pocket on the draw. I like the idea of the flap for concealment though. Looks like it would be good for front or rear pocket. Is the holster tight fitting to the gun so that it's thin in the pocket? Thanks
Yes, the flap holds the holster in place with jeans and dress slacks. The holster and gun together are a bit too large for back pocket carry. You need to be careful drawing because you first have to fit your hand between the flap and the pistol-retaining bit. The holster covers all but the rearmost part of the trigger guard so you are not likely to grab the trigger.

The holster holds the pistol snug, but not tightly. Given the size and weight of the MK, it's obvious you have "something" in your pocket, but that square flap keeps them guessing. Is it a large wallet, or Palm Pilot, or ...

Check out the photos of the holster on Kahr's site in their Accessories section.

Lee

Back