Kahr Arms Opinions & Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock Raider

I was having some trigger work done on a Sig229 and was talking guns with my local smithy.He was raving about the quality of khar arms.I have picked them up at gunshops and they are hefty little beasts for their size.I have never fired one before but intend to do so soon.just wanted to know what others that have one or have fired one think. Thanks G.R.

I have fired the K40 and K9. The 40 can be a little stout in that small a package. The K9 is a HONEY! I have ordered one in stainless with night sights - impatiently waiting!

Mikey

I'm a big Glock fan and carried a Glock26 for two years (Great gun!!!!) However, I traded it in for a Kahr K40 after renting one at my local gun range a few weeks ago. The Kahr's fit to my hand was much better than the thick curvy grip of the Glock26 and consequently, I shot much better with it. For me, it points naturally, EVERY time. Extremely accurate also. I didn't notice too much difference in recoil between the K9 and K40. Both felt pretty light to me. However, for some reason, I was much more accurate with the .40, so that is the one I purchased.

Kahr pistols have developed a GREAT reputation and they are highly recommended by my local gunstores and gunsmiths.

The only downside to the gun is its weight. Fully loaded, around 30 ounces. It's like carrying a brick. However, I feel its worth it for a gun that fits me perfectly after its in my hand. I've only been to the range with it once so far, but after 260 rounds, it has functioned perfectly.

A satisfied customer,

DWM

I've had a MK9 for about a year and love it. I traded a Glock towards it and never looked back. Not one malfunction--even during the break-in. It shot low and to the left at first but after 200 rounds it fires right to point of aim with 115 grain loads. I don't mind the weight--about the same as a Glock when both are loaded. The decrease in width is well worth the trade off in round count. If I haven't solved the problem with the first couple rounds then I'm in trouble no matter what. This is one gun that will not be traded or sold...

How is the trigger pull on the Kahrs? I've been thinking of adding one to the collection. That or a G-26 or 27.

------------------
Never underestimate the depravity of your fellow man.

Trigger pull is a little longer than a Glock but fairly light (guessing 5 lbs) and extremely smooth with NO stack-up.

Mikey

I've had a K9 for about 3-4 years and really like it. Its a little hefty but points well for me. I tried a mini Glock but it didn't fit my hand like a Kahr. Accurate but the DAO took me some time to get used to. Great carry gun.

Doug

I shoot my K9 better than any other handgun that I own. It has become my concealed carry gun of choice!

Pvt Parts,

The trigger pull is EXTREMELY smooth. I don't notice any stacking. Just a tad bit longer than I'd like though. I am used to my old Glock26 that I traded in.

Any of the K9, MK9, K40 or MK40s in the "Elite" (polished stainless) version have about half the trigger pull distance of the standard Kahrs. I also believe the new polymer Kahr, due next month, will have this "Elite" trigger pull. Kahr Arms will also give any of their guns an "Elite" trigger job for $88. I am considering having this done.

DWM

Greetings, all. I cannot say it any better than has been done here. The Kahr K9 has proven to be a very fine little gun in my experience as well. Best.

I purchased mine used for $370.00. It's a nickel K9 and is in excellent condition.

New K9/K40/MK9 are $550-$600.00. I saw an E9 for $389.00.

Kahr Arms is owned by Justin Moon. He is the nephew of the Rev. Moon of Moonie fame. Do the Moonies really own Kahr? ??Probably?? Kahr just bought out Auto Ordnance. They moved all the operations to Mass.

Joefo

The Moonies seem to make a high quality product (Kahr) I think I will buy one of the polymer frame versions when they come out :)Thanks for the opinions G.R.

[This message has been edited by Glock Raider (edited September 17, 1999).]

In Oklahoma, these are typical prices for new Kahr Pistols:

Nickel K9 = $371

Stainless K9/K40 = $500-525

Stainless MK9/MK40 = $450-500

DWM

[This message has been edited by DWM (edited September 17, 1999).]

I have an E9 on layaway. Cost was $339 NIB. The K9 was $419 (blued) in Utah. I may sell it and upgrade to a K9 in blued or stainless. I've also thought of having the NP3 finish applied to the E9 and adding night sights (this would require dovetailing for the front sight). One drawback to the E9 is that it only comes with one magazine. The cheapest I've seen new mags for is $37. If you buy a new magazine for the E9 you will only be about $50 off the cost of the K9 (it comes with two). I should have thought this through before I put money down on it. I don't think straight when I'm looking at new guns ;) Shake

I OWN A KAHR MK40 AND IT IS ONE OF THE SMOOTHEST SHOOTING 40CALS ON THE MARKET. TWO FRIENDS OWN MK9 MODELS AND AGREE WITH ME THAT THEY ARE VERY FINE PISTOLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back