Kahr 9 trigger

swampy

My wife is looking at a Kahr 9 as a CCW because the grip fits her small hand. It has a 7.5lb trigger pull standard. Does anyone know if this trigger pull weight can be lightened (i.e to 5lbs)? What is invloved in doing so? Thanks.

I would never attempt to perform a trigger job. My apologies for poor phrases. What I want to know is twofold: is this a job a smith does to the existing parts for the Kahr or is it more complicated, and second, would it cause other problem? As an example, when the Colt Pony trigger is lightened by altering the spring, the reliability of the pistol can be affected (failure to cycle completely). If anyone knows? Thanks.

You can drop about a pound from the trigger pull weight by installing a Wolff striker spring. I installed one in my K9 and the the trigger pull weight dropped from 8lbs. to 7lbs.

------------------------------------------
STRIKER SPRINGS - Reduced Power 5 Lbs. - All Kahr models

W. C. Wolff Company offers reduced power striker springs (firing pin springs) for Kahr pistols rated at 5 pounds. The factory striker spring is 6 pounds. This spring will help improve the trigger pull.
Warning: This spring is for competition use only - not for duty use.

Stock No. 32320 - each.....$3.49

--------------------------------------------
www.gunsprings.com

[This message has been edited by DMSC (edited October 25, 1999).]

Swampy, it is a job for a smith. Talk it over with your local smith and see what he can do for you. If you don't have anyone near you feel free to e-mail me. George

Back