K31 scope mount offset

the rifleer

So I know this has been covered, but I am having trouble finding the exact answer. I am putting a scope on my k31 with the St. Marie scope mount. I know that the scope of off set about .8'' from the barrel.

How does this effect my POI at longer ranges assuming that I am completely zeroed at 100 yards? I am interested in shooting out to 800 yards.

Thanks in advance :)

The effect is minimal but you well see the bullet POI move to the left as you shoot further out from your zero. I would zero at 200 yds. As you work out to longer ranges just keep a written record of how far POI moves. This well be a constant and correction easy to apply.

I try to copy the off-set if I'm sighting in scopes like that, that way independently of the distance you just hold .8" off center and don't have to worry.

I am no rocket scientist. if there is an offset it seems like the angle is going to increase over distance from the zero. The correction would be a different distance at each 100 yard or meters the target is at. Which is why you would want to record the distance at each 100 yards or meters so you can either

use a manually estimated distance for putting the croshairs on target for that range or move the scope windage adjustment the correct number of clicks for that range.

rifleer, you need to set the POI 0.8 to the left (assuming the scope is mounted left side as usual). You want the line of the scope to be parallel to the barrel, so your line of aim and bullet flight stay parallel independently of the distance.

http://theswissriflesdotcommessageboard.yuku.com/search/text/forum/5?q=k31+offset

mou7.jpg

mou6.jpg

mou5.jpg

mou1.jpg

mou4.jpg

mou3.jpg

It shows that it hardly touches the receiver so no worries for any bluing damage.

monta6.jpg

monta8.jpg

monta4a.jpg

monta3.jpg

Set your crosshairs .75" to the left of the bull and hit it all out to 500 yards and beyond.

How do I know? I'm a St.Marie.

Back