K31 purchase

1johned

Inactive
What is good source for this rifle and what should I expect to pay? Seems good ones are easier to find.

Thanks,

John

Simpson LTD - they have one of the best inventories out there. You can get one with sling, bayonet, and muzzle cover, all matching, in good shape, for $350.

I just bought one this month from Simpson LTD and was really impressed with it's condition. Mine ran $325, all matching numbers, 97% blue w/ sling and muzzle cover. The stocks are (for a K31) in very good shape. There are the traditional K31 dings, but no discoloration on the buttstock. Good folks to deal with and the rifle itself looked much better in person compared to the website pictures.
Now having said that I've done business with J&G before for turn-in S&W's and they're a great company to buy from. I was leaning towards J&G, but since Simpson LTD has each K31 listed and pictured it gave them the edge.

Either company will treat you well.

I didn't go for handpick with J&G, FWIW...and was really impressed. Its the first firearm I have bought from them, and if they continue to list good deals, I'll give them a nod. Simpson LTD sounds like a reputable source too, though. Ignition, I've found the 7.5 swiss to actually be pretty reasonable. I believe Sportsman's Guide have some in stock and AIM seems to have a good selection and prices. I believe AIM was the source for my K31 ammo. I think it has averaged to about .50/rd.

Hello,
congrats with your choice!
Hope you have the K31 soon.
I shoot for almost 5 year with the K31 and found it an impressive weapon. Very accurate on 100 meters. I won two times the club-championship for veteran-guns with it. The trigger-system is really very "hairy".
But I use only factory ammo, no reloads.
Ammo that I use is: Gewehrpatrone 11 or GP11 (7.5 x 55 Swiss). The ammo dates from 1982 and is still in top-condition.

Back