K-frame round butt grips suggestions

geoff

Inactive
For those of you who have a model 19 or 66 2 1/2: Which grips do you use? Mine came with the rubber Uncle Mike's combat. They work fine but I was wondering what else is out there. Locally I've only seen the Hogue monogrips which seem to be longer in length. Your suggestions are most appreciated.

I'm a traditionalist.

Herrett's Shooting Stars.
Depending on your hand size, they make an open backstrap or a covered backstrap.

Archie, I've been looking for the covered backstrap shooting starrs for years for j-frames. Several years ago Herrett's told me that they no longer manufactured them. Are they making them again?

Have a Pachmayr Presentation Compac on a m10 round butt- open backstrap, filled front area, no fingergrooves, and about 3/16" longer than gripframe. I like them a lot, especially for DA shooting.

S&W makes aftermarket grips. I use their laminated wood, fingergroove grips on my J, K, and L frame guns. They do not snag on clothing at all.

bantamw_keys.JPG

Another vote for the Hogue Bantam grip. I've got one on a 3" 686+ and I'm very happy with it. Fits my hand, and the gun, like a glove. -- Kernel

Back