K frame help

tranders

I have a S&W Model 15. Looking for a rubber grip that covers the back strap.
Love the Hogues, but they leave the back strap exposed and my sissy hands feel it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a set of pachmayr grippers on my 6 inch 19-4. They soak up the recoil great while shooting hot .357 mag loads for deer hunting. I believe the pachmayr presentation grips cover the back strap as well. I thought Hogue made a finger groove grip that covered the back strap. Ebay is an excellent source for k frame grips. There is a lot of older model grips that are no longer made (Uncle Mikes) that can be found there.

Last edited:
Indeed, they are quite ugly. I prefer factory target stocks myself, however the increasing cost is a factor as of late.

Consider the Pachmyar "Grippers",

they cover the backstrap nicely.

they are longer in the fore / aft direction, and thinner in the width.

If you can find an old pair of Butler Creek or Uncle Mike's Combat Grips, they are incredibly comfortable. IMO they are the best rubber revolver grips ever made (I have a pair of both the combat grips and the boot grips for my Taurus 85CH). Unfortunately, it has been about 15 years since they were made, so you will pay a premium if you find a new old stock or like new pair, but they are worth it. You'll find more for the J-frame, but you can usually find a couple active auctions for K-frame Butler Creek or Uncle Mike's grips at any given time.

Indeed, they are quite ugly. I prefer factory target stocks myself, however the increasing cost is a factor as of late.
My Thoughts exactly... Easy 100 dollar bill for a nice pair.

Charlie

I would get a set of Pachmayr Presentations. Absorb recoil and don't look all that bad. Had them on my duty revolver for years!

You can find Uncle Mike's grips on ebay that cover the K-frame backstrap.

There are at least least three variants:
1) RB grips for RB guns
2) SB grips for RB guns (RB-to-SB conversion grips)
3) SB grips for SB guns

Back