k-frame anaconda

youngun

WTF? -you may ask.

Well, I'm trying to figure a way to get an anaconda "for my wife," but she has these tiny hands.

I know you can do a lot with aftermarket grips, but just how short can one make this trigger reach?

Is this just not gonna happen?

youngun

I find the Anaconda to be a massive gun, but not in the reach or grip area. I don't find it much different then the N-frame reach. However, if you change much of the grip that covers the back strap on any 44 mag, you will diffenently feel it upon the first shot fired. You can take the gun to a gun show, and try the different grips. See which one fits her hand the best.:)

young gun I think you are asking too much. the frame of the gun is what it is and no grips are going to change that.

The backstrap of the grip is not going to move any closer to the trigger no matter what grips you buy.

My suggestion would be to find a nice pre agreement model 19/66
and live within her abilities.

Is the idea here to get her a full-blown .44 Mag that she can "get a handle on"?:D If so, you can always have the grip of an N-frame Smith altered down to K-frame dimensions. That is, of course, if NO grip combination out there fits her. Say, for instance,, a Tyler adapter with the normal, thin magna stocks in place?;)

A friend of mine has a hunter edition Anaconda. From the factory with camo finish, matching scope, and Hogue grips with colt medalions inset. Very cool looking gun.

The Hogue grips are an open backstrap design with molded finger grooves. They do change the grip size in a way that would be more comfortable for a person with small hands.

I don't know how it feels to shoot it, as my friend has not shot it himself, let alone offer me the chance.

I liked the feel so much that I looked on Hogue's site to see if these grips were available, but I didn't see them. I'm sure that if you called Colt they could find a way to get you some. If you're like me though, you'll want to feel them on a gun first. I'll have some one day, but my want list is long, and they're not at the top.

Tried to find a picture on the net, no luck. Did find an ankle holster for sale made for an Anaconda with a 4" barrel.:D :D
Interested?:rolleyes:

Back