k-31 Value

lordhedgwich

Looking on gunbroker i see k-31s going from 350-500+ I have seen a couple with bids in the 260 range but the buy now prices were either 350-400. How much did you guys pay for your k31s?

Go to Simpson, LTD:
http://www.simpsonltd.com/
Or some of the other sites (Like Weidners, Classic & Samco)

That will give you a decent idea, however if I had to guess: $300-$400.
Depending on the condition of course.

If you could post some pic's it would help

lordhedgwich asked:

How much did you guys pay for your k31s?

$94.00:

4980K-31_060406_1.jpg

If you don't mind a cracked stock, Samco still has them for under $300.

Also, Simpson has a range of them. Price depends on the quality you're looking for. If you want a shooter, stock condition, blueing, etc. aren't as important as bore condition.

I think mine was $139...
I happened to be in Middlefield, Ohio...home of AIM Surplus...for work. I went by there and picked it out myself.
Beech stock with the normal wear on the butt, and perfect metal work and bore.
I consider it my most accurate rifle.

I just got mine last night for a trade i gave him a mid range 1911 with 100rds and i got the k31 with a few boxes of gp11 and some cash. Some people tell me it was a bad trade on my end but im happy i will upload some pictures in a little bit.

I remember a gunshow table in Colorado full of them for $99 each circa 2004. Walnut or Beechwood, take your pick from the table.

I wasn't sure what they were!

I got my C&R around then and started buying them for about $150 each and got quite a few nice ones. Most retailers in C&R carried them.

Around 2008 or so they really started drying up and spiked to about $300.

They came down briefly when a bunch hit the market in 2010 IIRC. The last ones I bought were $250 in 2010.

Supply has dried up considerably since then. I think a nice one would set you back $400.

The "stock" of K-31's has already officially "dried-up"- meaning those purchased direct from the Swiss government from their armories:

As of 2010 the Swiss arsenals are long sold out and the rifles now available for sale in countries around the world are ex-Swiss-civilian owned rifles.

Rifles for sale are those being bought from private collections, individuals and just changing hands.

just got back from the gunshow in Tulsa and there are so many tables it took me 6 hours to walk it without stopping for the most part. With that big an inventory to look at i only saw 2 K-31's. 1 was $325 and the other was $200 beech (nice stock, nice blueing and nice bore, all numbers matching) i bought the one at $200 from a private sale. Only dissapointment was no troop tag. Also had a peep rear site which i know is not original but looks good. i scored at a gun show!!!!! i still cant believe it.

Last edited:
I paid $90 for mine at a local shop, but that's been nearly a decade ago. I still kick myself for passing on one of the unissued K31's available at another shop for $300 during the same time period. I also should have bought more than one 480-round case of GP11 ammo when I found it at a gun show for $125 per case.

Back