Juvenile Crime Bill...172 amendments and hidden stuff

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Did you know that the JCB also has new federal laws on interstate alcohol commerce?

Turns out that some states won't allow wines or beer not produced in that particular state to be purchased within that state. (Tenn vs Kendall-Jackson is a current case). Under the new JCB, violations of such a state law will now be a federal violation. Now I'd like to know what that has to do with juvenile crime. And how many of the other 172 amendments don't deal with juvenile crime?

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

I watched some of this fiasco on C-Span last night. Evey politician out there is attempting to add their personal "pet" legislation piggybacked onto the bill. It has reached the point where it is beccoming impossible for anyone, to include them, to sort the whole thing out.
It's politically popular since it is directed at saving the children and they all want to jump on the band wagon and be heard by the voters. Most of the amendments being porposed now have nothing to do with juvenile crime.
One republican from Fl. (I don't recall the name) proposed an amendment to make it illegal for juveniles to be in possession of bombs or bomb making material. I'm not sure if this another example, taken from Clinton on the same proposal, designed to fool the voters into thinking that it is currently legal and they are saving us from this threat or he actually means materials. If it is the later then it could mean kids can't be in possession of gasoline, household chemicals, fertilizer, etc., etc., etc............The politicos give no thought to the courts attempting to establish case law once these bills are passed into law.
By the time that this thing is made law (and I'm afraid it will) everyone in this country will wake up the following morning a felon. Maybe before they come to confiscate our guns they'll go to the homes of those supporting the bill and gun control and arrest them for being in possession of wine bottled out of state. If that's the case I want to share a cell with one of THEM.
wink.gif

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

why would they bother to see if there is already a law in place??? it would mean their small and overworked staff would get all red in the face and out of breath!!
wink.gif

there are so many laws now, no one can keep up with them.it is ridiculous and a little scary that washington can't be bothered to do a little checking before they go howling off into the wild blue.( RANT,RAVE, CHOKE, P*KE) there, now, i feel better.

cmore

"why isn't treason allowed to flourish? because if it IS,you dare not call it treason" sm stirling

Yeah, but the Republicans and the NRA will stop it hahahahohohhehehe

Dang, I almost finished without laughing out loud.

------------------
"All I ask is equal freedom. When it is denied, as it always is, I take it anyhow."

Gunslinger,
You said, "...everyone in this country will (be) ... a felon."

That's the goal! And we in the self-defense crowd are yelling for stricter enforcement of the laws. That would include, of course, the 20,000 gun laws plus all the "child-protective" laws added to the JCB.

Watch the Republicans, my friends. These are the "saviors of our Democracy" you plan to vote for to fight Gore.

That's like expecting a Himmler to fight a Hitler.

Elizabeth Dole recently said she saw no reason for anyone to carry a concealed handgun. And she considers that crack NON-controversial.

And MY vote is "wasted"?

Vote Libertarian - for a change.

OK, Dennis, I'm sold. Bush might still earn my vote for Prez, but it will be EARNED, not given. Otherwise (I have too many incumbents in TX anyhow) all get the boot from me except (should I ever get to vote for him) Ron Paul.

Larry P.

Back