Justice Scalia

Byron Quick

Staff In Memoriam
I believe this quote is from a book by Justice Scalia. Does anyone know?In the words of Associate Justice Antonin Scalia, "We the People value
property rights less than the Founders did. So also, we value the right to bear arms less than did the Founders . . . and there will be few tears shed if and when the Second Amendment is held to guarantee nothing more than the state National Guard. But this just shows that the Founders were right when they feared that some (in their view misguided) future generation might wish to abandon liberties that they considered essential, and so sought to protect those liberties in a Bill of Rights. We may LIKE the abridgment of property rights and LIKE the elimination of the right to bear arms; but let us not pretend that these are not REDUCTIONS of RIGHTS."

What about the other Justices? What are their stated opinions on the 2nd Amendment? How many justices must consent for the full Court to consider a case? It looks like Justice Scalia at least is in our corner.

He..he..he

I read some supreme court briefs for college classes. Scalia is a trip. I expected formal and eloquent writing. He called people idots that assumed he was stupid to believe their reasons.

Jason

Back