Just sent this to Sen. Harry Reid

Dear Senator,
I am a Las Vegas resident and the Musical Director for the the headliner act: "deleted to protect privacy of my employer".

I am writing because I am very concerned about the actions of the D.C. local government who, in response to D.C. vs. Heller, are apparently thumbing their collective nose at the United States Supreme Court.

It seems that Mayor Fenty is attempting to eviscerate this long overdue clarification of the meaning of the 2nd amendment by the SCOTUS, in order to set precedent for the how the rest of the country implements much needed gun law change.

Please investigate this matter and intervene on behalf D.C. residents and on behalf of law abiding gun owners everywhere in this country.

I am an American whose direct ancestors have been in this country more than 300 years, long enough to have fought and died for this monument of civil liberties, the Second Amendment. So, I am very proud of the courage and wisdom of the majority in SCOTUS who have finally clarified and vindicated our Founders clear intent.

Please help assure that law abiding citizens of this country will never be disarmed and that the security of this free state will remain forever free.

Sincerely,
Christopher J Hoffman

"The Supreme Court has given its ruling," he said. "Mr. Fenty and the city council are not above the Constitution of the United States."

Is a that a Scalia quote? If you were referring to my letter to the Senator, you are welcome to use any of it that fits.

Is a that a Scalia quote? If you were referring to my letter to the Senator, you are welcome to use any of it that fits.

I got that from a washingtonpost.com article from a thread discussing how they refused to register Heller's semi-auto Colt .45

maestro pistolero, on behalf of all concerned gun owners, Thank You for taking the time to write and send letter to Senator.

Back