Just sent off my application for C&R

Armymutt

Decided to expand my WWII collection and not seeing much around me (odd for being "the Home of the Airborne") I figured that $30 for 3 years is better than $20+ transfers for each weapon. I got to thinking today. Since C&Rs are weapons that are 50 years old, won't every fully transferable NFA weapon technically become a C&R in 2018? I read someplace that the designation had to do with the registration, but a STEN wasn't 50 in '68 nor in '86.

I dont follow you on the 2018 thing?

Also, just put the thought out of your mind. Try to completely forget you applied, so the wait won't feel as long.

Yes, NFA weapons can (and some already do) qualify for C&R, but you still have to do the NFA paperwork and pay the taxes. It gets you the ability to buy out of state without having to go through a local dealer, same as with any other firearm.

If the ATF follows the time frame when I got my C&R about a year ago it took 23 days from mail out to C&R in the home mail box

I'm just passing the time by stashing away money. Figure if I don't use my "allowance" for a while, the wife won't be too upset when I want to buy something.

Re: 2018 - C&R guns are those that are 50 years old or more. 1968 was when the last full transferable MG was registered, thus all will be 50 y/o in 2018. In reality, it means saving $100 on a $multi-thousand weapon, but having it delivered to your house is kind of nice. I bought my Sten back in 2000 from a dealer that was 4 hours away, so I ended up having to drive quite a bit to get the gun when the Form 4 came back.

Not for fully transferables. '86 is the dividing line (May I think) for "dealer samples". SOTs can keep the pre-86 guns when they give up their license, but must sell the post-86. That's why both classes are relatively cheap. Non-licensees can only own fully transferables (pre-68).

Is there an updated list of distributors to send it to? 50% of the companies listed on the one I found are closed.

I bought 6000 rounds last week between AIM Surplus, Ammoman, and The Armory. Created a spreadsheet that showed price per round.

Back