Just saw these online: LOVELY!! Steyr Elite. Do you own one?

Pond James Pond

Does anyone own one of these bolt actions?

They look fabulous to me and the intergrated bipod is a smart addition.

Tell me what they are like to own!!

Really? No owners?

Has anyone even fired these?

There are a number of Steyr rifles that look really impressive, if only in appearance. The SSG 69 being another.

You mean this one?

I guess in the case of that rifle, beauty is as beauty does. The convoluted stock shape is certainly novel, and probably the rifle shoots very well. From an aesthetic standpoint, it doesn't really appeal to me, though you may very well enjoy it.

I think my taste in firearms has stopped accepting a lot of the new.

I looked at the model 69, and it has retained the Schoenaur rotary magazine in a sort of plastic incarnation, but that is pretty cool.

I can see using the term "functional" but hardly "lovely!" I've seen a whole lot of custom Sako and Winchester bolt actions with blued actions and highly figured wood stocks that I would say were truly "lovely." Utility and beauty don't necessarily cross paths....

Gregg

The barrel doesnt look overly thick.
Is it supposed to be a over priced hunting rifle or a light weight tactical thing. Personaly i think Id take an option from tikka for a european rifle.
Or put a nice mcmillan or houge stock on a savage.

I can see using the term "functional" but hardly "lovely!"

I can easily find as much beauty in functionality as I can in beauty itself!!
:cool:

I like the way it appears thought through in design to serve its purpose before any aesthetics: I just happen to like that in designs or purpose...

Back