Just recieved my C&R License!

The Great Mahoo

My C&R just came this weekend, less than 1 month since submitting the applications. A bit faster than anticipated, and quite the surprise!

So far I've only recieved the license, which I promptly copied and set aside for safe keeping. The letter enclosed mentioned a package of record keeping book and further info to be coming in the next 10 days. I'll be anxious to see what all is enclosed in that, but I'm sure it will be waiting for me to get home from work one day this week.

Well, now that I've got my license in hand, what sites do you suggest I file it with? I've already planned on setting up with MidWay and AIMSurplus. What are some other sites to check out? Either for C&R items, or simply sights that offer good deals to holders?

Thanks!

Midway's dealer discount is pretty much a joke.
You definitely want to send one out to Brownells and to Graf & Sons.
Brownells is just a great company.
Grafs has a great discount but you do have to purchase $2000 worth of stuff to keep the dealer discount.

I really like that classic arms site. they seem to have nice stuff.

It's been close to a month since I submitted mine. I know they took the money from my acct in about three days. I've been on the road the last three weeks mabey I should ask the wife if mine arrived yet

Your package will have a couple books full of all the regulations, etc. and lists ofC&R weapons but you will have to buy your own bound book for keeping records.

Congratulations!!! Glad to see you join the crowd.
Here is a forum with great C&R information including links to C&R dealers.
http://milsurpshooter.net/
Like this forum, a lot of people with good information to help you.
After my last renewal I got a CD from BATF with all the state and local laws.

After having my license for over 10 years, the feds now only send me a CD of all the state by state info. I guess they figured it is cheaper that way, and they only send this stuff to me every other year or so. Had to furnish my own boundbook, though.

Congratulations

OK, now you need to see which homeless shelters in your area will let you keep your new gun collection under your cot because your money is surely gone.

Print out the bound book pages as needed and put them in some type of binder from the school supplies aisle. I keep my book IN the gun safe, that way I don't end up cleaning the whole house while looking for it. Remember, YOU are the licensee, not the guns you buy. So, you need to record guns you already own and ones you buy on 4473s, etc. as well as C&Rs you use your license to buy unless you feel like you can talk your way past a BATFE inspector should you be audited.

Don't put your original license in the book. From time to time you will need to make more copies so don't hide it, just keep it separate from the copies so you don't have to wait for a replacement to arrive.

Attachments

Also don't forget that places like Graf And Sons, Midway, and Numrich give discounts to C&R holders if you register with them. Saved more than the 30 bucks the license cost just on reloading and shooting supplies.

Back