Just purchased M1

sig220mwxxxx

I just got an M1 Garand. I now have a question about the en bloc clips. Is there a particular brand I should avoid or a particular brand I should look to buy?

Wherever you get the clips, just make sure they're U.S.G.I., not a bunch of Chi-Com repros stuffed in a bag.

Also avoid ALL gunshow en bloc clips. The dealer will give you some b.s. about how he got his stash from an old WW2 vet who brought them home from Iwo Jima. :rolleyes: If you hear anything like that, you can be assured they're Chi-Com repro junk.

Word to the wise ... :cool:

I have been dealing with CMP since they converted from the DCM, and the DCM long before that.

The CMP does not sell junk. If they sell it, you can count on it working, if not they will make it right.

Of course, there are exceptions, but they are up front with those exceptions, such as a bunch of tooth brushes they dug out of the stocks of rifles they inspected before being sold. They sold the brushes on their auction site.

They did have a warning, recommending they not be used as tooth brushes.

They sell drill rifles but advertise them as wall hangers not shooters.

You wont go wrong buying from the CMP.

I bought a pack of 8 clips from GarandGear, and they've all functioned flawlessly. GarandGear is an excellent source for anything M1 Garand related, whether it be parts or knowledge.

Like kraigwy says, your CMP doesn't sell junk and if you're not happy with what you get, they'll fix it.
"...avoid ALL gun show en bloc clips..." Every one of the 100 plus I have(Including some still in the original waxed paper wrap) I bought at gun shows. Mind you, up here, and not recently and long before there was such a thing as 'new made' M1 Rifle stuff.
"...who brought them home from Iwo Jima..." To which you reply, "So they're stolen?"

I picked up a set off eBay, but I did research the markings to make sure they were USGI before buying them.

Also picked up a SLED for it... and sent all the clips to CCR to cera-plate. Really nice touch, if you like your clips staying clean/looking pretty.

Back