Just picked up my buck mount

Marlboro Man

I killed this bruiser on opening day of this year. I had just got through killing a doe and had not even chambered another round when this big guy started to run into my woods from the field - I literally had just fired 3 shots at this doe about 1 minute before he ran in. When I seen him, I pulled up the shotgun and scoped him and then pulled the trigger only to hear a click.:eek: so I chambered a round on my 870 real quick and not to my surprise, he stopped dead in his tracks and turned broadside to me and started a fast trot parallel to me at about 40 yards. I followed him in my scope until he cleared the big pile of thickets he was in and then BAM I nailed him right through the neck and down he went for good. I have been waiting a VERY LONG 3 1/2 MONTHS for him but I was very happy to to have picked him up about 1 hour and 19 minutes ago. So here is my first mount, not my first deer or buck but my first one worthy of mounting. He dressed out at 205 which is a pretty good size Indiana whitetail. Man if this doesn't give a guy the fever nothing does.:D

Deermount1.jpg

Yeah I was aiming for the neck but I was aiming for a little lower than where I actually hit him. Not the easiest shot when their running.

I didn't have him scored. The pic is right above ya - look up:) If you can't see the pic then your PC has probs cause my friend can see it from his PC. The above post where the guy said he couldn't see it was because I forgot to post the pic.

Very nice mount there. I'm still waiting for mine that I killed in november. I was told it would be another 6 to 8 weeks. I can't wait for my wall to be graced with the big boy I killed.

That is a beaut. Three and a half months is not that long. My son has been waiting since Memorial Day weekend for a brook trout. I waited over a year for a black bear. That truly is a nice buck.

Thats not really a mount. He just beat a hole in his wall with a hammer and stuffed a deer in it from outside. He'll have hell explaining that one to his wife. No seriously, nice deer. Mine are never fit for mounting. I usually shoot them in the back of the head with a 300 mag. A few of you may remember the great smashe dhead syndrome war a few months back. If i may ask , how nuch does it cost to have one mounted. Whats that, a "european" mount? I usually tann the hides. I dont know what i will do with them all though.

Still waiting on my South Texas Buck from november. I started feeling the itch while I was reading your message.
Nice buck! I gotta call my taxidermist. I want mine now!
Good story to go with the pic. Shotgun hunting is something I have never attempted for whitetail. I have been lucky enough to be in a bow only county for 7 years and rifle counties all around me. Now I am in Eastern Oklahoma. I hear there are some bruisers here in the Kiamichi Mountains.
Wish me luck this fall. I hope you get one to match.

That is a real nice Buck and a good mount, Lucky £%^%^$
Your goin to enjoy looking and talking about it for years.:D

Back