Just got my new pistol, SW99...WOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoman

What a complete weapon, I have never shot a more supreme gun ( next to a USP )in my life...

------------------
---snoman---

Congratulations Snoman. Favor us with a range review sometime. Thanks. Gary

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

They do look and feel pretty good. Will be interesting to see how they hold up to use in the real world? Bona fortuna!

My only concerns are the thin chamber walls and lack of case support in the 40 models. The same problems I have with Glock, Beretta and some other 40s.

The 40 operates at the same pressure level as the 9mm (@35K psi) and has a weaker web. Seems to me the chambers should be as thick/thicker and have as much/more support than a 9 to be all it should be?

Like Glock, they shoe-horned the 40 into a 9 platform with very little margin for error?

------------------
>>>>---->

I might go as far as to say that I like it better than my Glocks, points as well, recoil is minimal, and I love the long single action mode...

------------------
---snoman---

>Like Glock, they shoe-horned the 40 into a 9 platform with very little margin for error?

No, but that might be said of the Walther P99 on which the SW99 is based. S&W redesigned the slide and barrel for the .40. Walther is expected to adopt the structural changes into the P99.

I'm a believer!

Been shooting one all week. Shoot it better than anything I've ever had in my hand in any fighting caliber.

Bought one, have another on order!

Fast, accurate, reliable (so far)with 155/165/180 FMJ from Fed/Win and 155/165/180 JHPs from Fed/Win/Rem.

I like the P99,I like this SW99 better. The changes seem to be to improve it in 40, and they did a great job.

I think they got a winner here. I hope so, I really like it.
smile.gif

------------------
>>>>---->

Well I had my first misfire with it, it does not go bang when you put an empty mag in the gun, no matter how fast you tap/rack/bang...
But I will say that it was my fault, incase you did not get that already...

------------------
---snoman---

.45ACP? "Combat Handguns" Feb.97 p.81 talking about the P99, it was mentioned that future plans called for three different sizes, the P99 being the mid-size(along with a .40S&W),a smaller model in .380ACP and a .45!

Okay, so, tell me....

Is this the CZ gripped Glock that I've been looking for?

I have always thought that the CZ-75/EAA Witness/ Baby Eagle/Jericho Grips were the most comfortable in the combat handgun world, but I have never found those guns to be as comfortable to carry or as reliable as my Glocks.

Is the SW99 the answer? How do the overall dimensions (especially the width) compare to a G23, for anyone who has both?

------------------
-Essayons

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited July 01, 1999).]

Danger Dave:
If you're looking for the CZ, I'm selling mine. I recently put a Bren Ten on layaway and need the money. The CZ is NIB, unfired and I recently lowered the price on Gunsamerica to $325.00. Usually, they go in the $399.00 range.

It comes with 1 mag, mag loader, screw tool for the adjustable sights, case, manual and box. E-mail me if you need to.

I was absolutely surprised with the performance of the SW99...pleasantly that is.

The local gun shop had a Smith and Wesson promotion so I fired up the SW99 (subconsciously not expecting too much). For years, my dept. issued the S&W 5906 to the exclusion of all others. I had my share of malfunctions that were extractor related with the 5906 and did not like the heavy weight of the gun; I just wasn't thrilled with the products coming out of the S&W factory. Two years ago we traded in the Smiths for HK USP .40s in both the full size and compact versions. There has been almost universal acceptance of this gun within the dept. and I believe that it is state-of-the-art for a polymer handgun.

Well, let's just say that the SW99 shot a 1/4" smaller group at 25yds than my USP/c. The SW99 seems very compact for a .40 and the dimensions of the grip fit my hand like the proverbial glove. I experienced no malfunctions during my test drive and felt-recoil was more like a 9mm. This gun represents a major step forward for Smith & Wesson.

Does anyone know if Trijicon nakes replacement sights for the SW99 yet ?

Enjoy your SW99s - I'm a little jealous !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back