just got my new mold

riverratt

I just got my new .44 mag mold today. Its the lee 310-430 double cavity. My plan is to give the mold to a good friend of mine and have him remove the gas check. (He is a machinist) I had thought of this for several months when I read hunters thread and it seems like if done right I'll have no issues.

I did cast a few before work so that I could get the measurements needed to turn down the mold and all the bullets mic'ed at .431 which is perfect for my gun. I was unable to get a weight from them as I had to leave for work.

I have that one too and it is a THUMPER for sure. One thing you might have issues with is your front site being too short to get enough adjustment to get on target at closer ranges. My RH was too short even after switching to a separate set. Now out around 75-100yds your good, but at 25 it was shooting about 4" high.

update

The machinist that milled down my mold said he had to take off 120 thousands to get all the gas check off the mold but everything looks nice and smooth. I mic'ed the mold and everything appears to be nice and level.

Today before work I did a short casting session (92 bullets). I pulled 50 of them for inspection and all measured in at .431-.432 and weighed in at 254.5 gr to 257 gr.

Can't wait to load some up and see how they shoot. Danget.. I forgot that all my brass is loaded up now.:( guess I'll have to go to the range and free up some, what a shame:D

Last edited:
Back