Just got my copy of Armax

The Journal of Contemporary Arms is back in print and I just received Vol. VII, No. 1, Spring 2021.

It's a peer reviewed, academic journal that examines various firearms and is a collaborative effort from the staff of the Royal Armouries, Cody Firearms Museum, Nationa Militair Museum and Helios House Press. Every article is followed by endnotes so you can verify or check on the author's references. If you want to learn, read the endnotes. I'm impressed by the work each author put into his article.

This particular issue has articles on the MBA Associates M1 Silent Pistol and Javette Projectiles, E.M.2 rifle trials in Malaysia, Winchester Repeating Arms exports during WW I and the Ruger Old Model Single Action Revolver. They also do book reviews. Printed twice annually, it's not cheap $100 a year but if you're near a gunsmithing school, suggest you get your library to subscribe.

https://www.armaxjournal.org/store

sounds like a definitive reference. Spendy but quality usually is.

I saw some "Firearms Expert" reviews of guns on MSN for free...looked at ONE.

One was all I needed, its click bait, the guy MIGHT be a Firearms Expert but the guns he was reviewing were from a video game, not real guns. I guess I got what I paid for there, :rolleyes:

Back