Just got a Colt .45 in the mail!

vanfunk

I got my C+R in the mail last week, and the same day I sent a copy off (along with $400) to JLD Enterprises. I received my order 15 minutes ago via UPS next day delivery...
A Hartford manufactured Colt 1911A1 formerly in use with the Argentine Military. It is in superb condition, nicely refinished in a tasteful, businesslike matte blue. It's a wonderfully crafted piece of 1930's American hand-fit ordnance. Collector value for now is minimal, but I can't think of a better way to get a quality genuine 1911A1 for a pittance, comparatively, and delivered to my door! JLD is out of the Colt-made guns for now, but they have Argentine-manufactured pistols (just as good) and are expecting more of both soon. Anyone else have one of these? BTW JLD Enterprises was a joy to deal with.
vanfunk

I can't stand it! I don't know how much longer I'll have to wait for my Argentine-made Colt to arrive (not at my door, about ten minutes away)but it's just killing me.

Congratulations on your acquisition and do tell us how it goes at the range, assuming it'll be a shooting piece.

Back