Just finished building my AR

Keifer

After may months of shipping delays, I finally got all the parts to put together my AR. Here's what it consists of:

BM upper - 20" fluted barrel with shaved front sight, VMATCH free float handguard.

BM lower - standard post ban

Trijicon Compact ACOG 1.5x16 with M16 base mounted on an ARMS TA51 base. The reticle I chose was the crosshair.

This wasn't really an assembly project since I bought both the upper and lower as complete units and just had to snap them together. What excited me about the project was being able to choose components that perfectly fitted my specific needs. The final result is the culmination of many questions asked and outstanding advise given in this forum. The scope/mount choice turned out to be perfect. I was worried about mounting height because of the M16 base, but with the TA51 mount, eye relief and scope height are perfect.

The only challenge now is finding time to shoot the thing. If anyone is interested, I'll post my sight-in results when I get some time to head to the range.

sounds ike a keeper!!

Now when some clueless person asks "isn't illegal to own a machine gun?" you can respond with " it's OK, i made it myself"

;)

Then ya better explain about semi auto guns...

dZ

Congratulations. The beauty of the AR system is it's flexibility. You can reconfigure it into numerous derivations and sighting systems. Have a (safe) blast.

Back