Just dodged a $1000 bullet

AndABeer

I like the concept of the Wilson KZ-45. So much so that I put bids (unwinning) on a couple over at gunbroker.com a few months ago. Today, while buying one of my rifles it's next lunch, I happened to look in the case that the high end/limited run pistols are displayed and there one lay. With night sights even. Price $995. I not-so-patiently waited for a clerk to free up and with a knowing smile, he knew exactly what I wanted to see. I really needed to not like that gun with a hunting trip and a new house on the way and as luck would have it, I didn't. I do not care for squared off frontstraps and the KZ does have that feature. The thing simply felt very bad in my hand and that's enough for me to scratch it off my list. WHEW!!! I shudder to think now if I had actually won those Gunbroker auctions.

As much as I regret this fact, it doesn't make it any less true.

For me, the 1911 (Caspian, of course, flat mainspring housing) flat out points perfect.

dont misunderstand WESHOOT2, I am a BIG fan of single stack 1911s, I own nine variations, including a Wilson, the KZ was just too much of a departure to feel comfortable or worth it

Yup, you were close to wasting $1,000, and the one I saw last weekend was a "single shot".

Bang, jam, rack. Bang, jam, rack. Bang, jam, rack.

Back