Just can't decide!!!

JonathanT

Inactive
I'm getting ready to buy a Kimber Gold Match for IPSC, target shooting, and fun. But I'm stuck! And going nuts! Do I get the stainless or the blued one? :eek:

Good quandry to be in! As we all know,looks are in the eye of the beholder,but if you're really THAT stuck on the decision,my guess is you would be happy with either one.Both would make a fine choice,and THEY ARE 1911's.NUFF SAID!

I'd buy the stainless version. Easier upkeep and easier to clean.

or, buy the blued model and think about having the frame hard chromed.

------------------
"I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law."

I really like the looks of a blued firearm.
So much so, that I resisted buying stainless for several years.

I've since broke down an purchased three stainless pistols. I still prefer the looks of blue, but I gotta admit, stainless is more practical.

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

JT,

I recommend the stainless Kimber. I have a full-sized 1911A1 Kimber Custom/Classic in stainless and it is terrific. Durability and ease of routine maintenance -- post-firing cleaning, lubrication and preservation -- has been significantly better than with any non-stainless semiautomatic I own (Sigs, Glock, and Colt). In addition, the inherent strength of forged stainless steel strongly indicates this pistol will last a lot longer then I do.

Thank you all. The only thing that is bugging me about the stainless is that the polished flats are really like mirrors. Will that affect me while shooting on a sunny day. Does anyone think it to be weird to have a finish like that?

I've had a s/s Gold Match for four weeks and the polished sides have not been a problem for anyone shooting it. In fact, the finish is sort of subdued compared to a friend's nickel-plated, target-sighted Series 70 Colt GM. If I remember correctly from the brochure that came in the box, the Kimber Custom Shop will redo either finish for about a hundred bucks after you scratch it up. Happy shopping!

Back