Just bought Citori White lightning and...

Bowser

It's the first time I've spent over $1300 on gun. I have also grown to love sorting clays shooting, and now I have a couple of questions.

1. I have to shoot steel where I shoot clays (over water). My new gun is rated for steel, but can I expect to see a significant increase in wear on the gun from shooting large amounts of steel?

2. Anyone know where I can get steel shot cartridges suitable for clays for less than $8 per box?

3. I plan to do quite a bit of upland gamebird hunting with this shotgun. However would it also be suitable for turkeys? What about geese?

I should mention that it has the INVECTOR-PLUS choke system. I also have a Rem 870 with a 28 inch barrel, which I have used successfully pheasant hunting in the past. I am wondering if I should go ahead and use this for the heavy duty loads I might be firing at ducks or turkey.
I realize that duck season is over here this weekend, but there's always next year!

Thank you all in advance. Also, a quick comment: I find the wealth of accurate information here to be quite staggering.

Bowser.

A shotgun for all seasons and reasons is the quest of many of us,Bowser. Depending on that Citori's weight, balance and swing, it may or may not be a good upland, waterfowl and turkey gun.

Clay gamers like heavier,longer bbled shotguns with the balance further forward to smooth the swing. A shotgun set up like this will work on a dove shoot, but will wear you out chasing pheasant and be a problem in the brush. And most waterfowling shotguns look like they've been through a war or two after a decade of hunting, so maybe you should figure that in. Turkey guns don't need shiny finishes, and maybe that 870 is a better choice for the last two.

OTOH, if you can live with the idea that you're not toting the ultimate ______ gun, you can have lots of fun using just one shotgun for everything. Pop was deadly on everything with his old Savage O/U, choked Mod/Fuller, including quail.

Back