Just bought a 625

Demonvomit

Well i just bought a 625 and i was wondering how good i did it cost 389.99 used but not used much it has the date of 1989 on the right side of the barrel so is that when it was made and if so is that a good year it has a 5in barrel and hogue grips

thanks

That's an outstanding deal. The 625 is a serious piece of hardware...my roomie owns one just like yours, and I've been trying to talk her out of it for the last year or so. A 625 usually goes for around $500 in this neck of the woods.

Thats good for me i guess :)

The guy i bought it from had some good deals like a nice 629 with a 8 3/8 in barrel for the same price but that was to long of a barrel for me

Thanks

I got mine around 1994 at the Indy 5oo show for $435 all incl. But we were two guys buying the same gun, thus getting a better price. Yours is good!

I bought one at the beginning of this month, great gun! The 1989 is the year the model was introduced, not manufactured.

Good deal you got there.

Mine is #BRF1xxx and was made in 1994, if that helps any.

The number after the dash on the frame behind the crane (ie, 625-x) will assist in the dating process.

I bought mine used from a friend with 10 full moon clips and a pile of half moon clips, it's the 4" Model of 1989 and I have owned it for about 10 years. I paid 250 bucks for mine and it was a great deal at that price, it had been fired less that half a box of ammo when I got it.

7th

Its marked 625-4 and the serial# is CBZ9xxx

So is there a place to look up the year it was made using this information ??

Thanks

You say the bbl has 1989 on it, yet the SN you give puts is past August 94. Strange. There was a run of 1500 made in 1989 and marked "Model of 1989" on the bbl. The 5" bbl was what the 625 started out with. Also, the only 625-4 I can find referenced was a special run for Lew Horton for the Springfield Armory Bicentential. It was made in 1994, but, had a 4 in bbl and "Arms for the Nation" etched on the bbl. with SAC as the SN prefix.

BADSBSNF81,

The Standard Catalog... is a less-than-definitive reference work when it comes to 25/625's. Also, the "Model of..." date on the side of the barrel has no correlation to the gun's actual date of manufacture. My roomie's 25-2 "Model of 1955" target sixgun was made in the late sixties or early seventies (can't remember which). My 625-4 was made in 1994 and has "Model of 1989" right there on the side of the barrel.

625's of 1989-2001 manufacture have "Model of 1989" etched on the barrel.

The 1988 manufacture 625 has"Model of 1988" stamped into the barrel.

A fresh new one bought today would be a 625-6, model of 1989.

Back