Just Bought 9 MM Ruger Revolver

Drakejake

There were many interesting things at the local gun show today, but I surprised myself by buying a used but like new Ruger SP101 in 9 MM. It had Hogue grips on it and came with the original grips, 10 moon clips, and owner's manual in a cardboard box. The replacement grips are a big improvement IMO. I don't care for many of the Ruger grips. The total price was $315, no other charges. .

I find the moonclips totally non-objectionable. They are like speedloaders but smaller, lighter, and cheaper. They are basically tiny speedloaders that stay with the cartridges in the cylinder. I can hardly wait to try it out.

Did I get a good price? When were these last made? My serial number is 571-9****.

Drakejake

Friend:

You did well.

I'd love to snag a nice deal like that. But witin this past month, I've already bought a SW 625 in 45 ACP and a SW 610 in 10mm. My Ruger Redhawk is at the factory, just got through testing so I may get it back by the end of next week.

And I will be owing my gunsmith a Good $90 for an action job on the 625 and a good $20 to the gun shop for shipping my Ruger off.

A good action job with a smoother lighter trigger action will tighten up your groups.

But it seems that local gunsmiths aren't that great with Rugers. Maybe Cylinder and Slide or some of well known pro's.

Was shooting some 40SW handloads in my 610 yesterday. Light target loads and at 15 yards easily was shooting silver dollar sized groups. Nice clean holes. Looked like SWC holes but they were from FPs.

Enjoy that pistol caliber revolver. I shoot 9mm in my Glocks and HKP7 and would love a revolver in that caliber.

I'm jealous.:)

Got a good two ammo cans full of some sweet shooting 9mm reloads. Maybe 3 or 4K.

Enjoy and let us know how it shoots.

Back