Just back from South Africa

SnakeLover

Just getting my pictures back from my recent trip and thought I'd share.

http://expressit.broderbund.com/200_Photo_Center/210_Photo_Album/

Wife and I had a wonderful time. In all, took four animals - springbok, impala, red lechwe and eland. All animals shot between 100 - 220 yards. Used my A-bolt .338 shooting 230 gr Win Failsafes for everything. No problems on any of the flights, and the exchange rate was 10Rand/US dollar.

Richard and his folks did a great job making us feel at home. His knowledge of the game and area hunted was superb. And his wife Marion was a fantastic cook, making a 15 yr old eland steak taste better than any domestic steak I've ever had.

Only just over 2 years before I can return! Can hardly wait!!

Snake

SnakeLover, I'm happy for you, and very glad you had such an enjoyable trip.

My problem with the way you've set up your pictures is the likelihood of more spam from registration with Bruderbund. What can you tell us about that website?

Art

Art, once PhotoPoint pulled up it's tents and took all my photos (along with others) I switched to these guys, probably at least 6 months ago. I haven't noticed additional SPAM, but I do use filters on my email, etc.. I also posted the photos on www.TrophyPhotos.com, but find you cannot link to the photos, only to the sight and then search from there.

One of these day's I'll figure out how to build my own web page and then not need these other photo host companies.

I'm doing something wrong, or I'm too ignorant to understand Bruderbund's system. I went to the site, which told me I was a member but had to agree with their new rules. After so doing, I then was sent to a page with options, but it seems that it's for opening files and working on photos--or something like that.

Anyway, no joy.

???

Art

Cuerno de chivo, yes those are the ones. Thank you for pulling them off and putting them into that link. Hopefully that will make it easier for everyone.

You're very welcome, SnakeLover. Thanks for the link to TrophyPhotos. It's an excellent sight. BTW when a post is made here, it is possible to upload a pic off your computer. Just look at the "Attach file:" portion of the posting screen.

Snake, congratulations and welcome to the ranks of the Africa-addicted.I think eland is the best meat I have tasted as well.My last trip was in September,which made getting home a bit of a chore but all was well, but the plotting for a return continues!

RobCon - I'm definitely addicted, have been since 1999 when I first set eyes on the continent! Is there some sort of support group? Regarding the eland, there was a post on this forum a while back asking if Africa game was fit to eat, and all I can do is chuckle when I think of it.

I've spent the past few days showing the folks at work, especially the local deer hunters, and it is so much fun seeing their expressions and reliving my time spent in Africa through the pictures and my journal. Even their wives and spouses that aren't into "hunting" love hearing about the trip.

We should establish such a group in order to avoid serious withdrawal until everyone's next safari. Last hunt, the cook prepared sable Wellington. I still haven't found the words to describe it;but then, I amuse myself by eating. Best, Rob

Back