Just applied for C&R license

mshootnit

Hey guys,

I just submitted my application for C&R license and I am pretty excited about it. I am also out of the loop regarding what I need to do to conduct transactions according to the law. Any direct advise or help finding a good primer would be appreciated.:D

They will send you a FFl. Do not sign the original (save that to make photocopies). Make a few copies and sign those. Mail or bring a signed copy to the seller and that is it. You must also start a bound ledger book to record your C&R purchases. Must list from whom and when you purchased it, serial numbers and then the date and to whom you sold it to.

Remember that as a C&R you are a collector and not a gun dealer so you have to limit what you sell out of your collection.

BTW that "bound book" is just a legal term. You can use a 3 ring binder as all the entries are numbered. Some are available on the internet. Just be sure to add the required info immediately and dont just scratch it on a gunshow price ticket then lose it before you get home :D

Back