junior target .22?

USCG

My father has just started getting my younger sister (12) interested in a competitive small bore rifle club. We are trying to find a good rifle for her that she will be able to use, without growing out of it, shes about 5'. I am looking for a good target 22, single shot, with micrometer sights, i have never really dealt with it, I am just looking for suggestions, and recommendations as far as rifles and equipment that would be good to help them get started. Thanks in advance.

One of the only Econo-Target rifles is the Savage Mk1, or Mk2 FVT. It has a heavy barrel, great trigger, comes with aperture sights, is intended for beginner shooters and is reasonably priced. Perhaps the only shortcoming might be the size. It is not an international match winner but will clean an A17 target and give the A36 a good showing. If you have lots of money[And I mean lots] then Anschutz or Walther would be the next choice.

Weihrauch 660 is one of the rifles that i have seen online, but i cant find one ANYWHERE, they seem relatively affordable, and have the right stock, sights etc.

Back