Jungle 'conversion'

EMDII

Inactive
Just spent the better part of a week wringing out the 'Jungle' conversion of an Enfield No. 4 Mk. I. Great fun, and bore is now very nice, sharp, and clean. I fired one three round group WITH BALL that measured 1.25". A good rifle, and a bit of luck. Fired a total of 150 rounds of surplus ball, WW, and Hornaday 150 grain light mag last Friday. The Light Mag has a sharp report, and shoots low compared to the ball. I suspect this is due to higher MV and less barrel-time.

Specs:
.303 'Jungle' carbine
Spec military sights
10 round box magazine
Seems to hold zero very well, since it does not have No. 5 lightening cuts in barrel and Knox Form on receiver.
NO 'pod: I previously attached pod but it felt ungainly. As to the COL's admonition about hitting targets, I can still hit an E-type silhouette at 400m prone, supported. E-types are LOTS smaller than most 400 kg targets I know. I'll defer re-attaching a 'pod for a while.
Ching Ring is next add.
Leupold or Tasco LER scope on the horizon.
I've got my wallet-eye set on a (CS) sling, too!
Weight sans scope/ring is 6.0. We should make the 3.5 kilogram setpoint OK.
Total invested so far is $250. This includes re-parkerizing.

I'd love a Steyr, but this a great start and allows me to find my mettle w/ the Concept.

I also wish to express my thanks for everyone's input and responses. You've helped me learn a great deal very quickly.

OK Geoff B: here comes the 'Tanker' for your wizardry! (Incoming in about a month or so)

------------------
Train like you fight: second place is not an option.

EMDII,
I've got one of these too. Navy Arms? Anyway, keep us posted on your scout project. I really like the clean lines the way it is, but I might be tempted to get another for conversion if your scout turns out well.

------------------
Dorsai
Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys.
-- Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Back