June 26 2008!!!!!!

Ricklin

On this date the supreme court of our land has declared that gun ownership is a constitutional right.
So anyone care to pontificate what this means for firearms owners and esp. NFA devotees?

I don't think this will apply to NFA items. However I am glad that people will finally get to utilize their rights. You have to figure that the politicians are only going to let so much slide. If it gets to hog wild on whats permitted to people such as full auto's then I would bet that another type of law will be passed worse than the old ones.

to early to know

exactly if there is any affect on NFA. One thing that bothers me is the judicial wording of military. With out some better explanation we could find any and all arms (pistols and rifles) being held by some jurisdiction as not civilian use weapons. Far to much BS going around until some of the actual applications of the decisions are made.

And I'll still hold to my belief that a lot of the NFA type arms owners and dealers are wanting to keep the arms as a controlled item to benefit their pocket books. Should there be a lifting of the various laws where there were no restrictions what would happen to the value of those limited items. I profess those firearms would drop in value overnight.

Yeah I'd be pretty upset about losing seven grand on my M16...but it'd also make it possible for my to own the UMP I've always wanted. :cool:

I just like how they say "it's not a common weapon so people shouldn't have it."

Well if it hadn't been banned maybe it would be a common weapon!

Back