• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Jump to last page (almost)

Greg L

Is there a way to change the display on the really large topics. On the Ms. topic over in L&P there are now 8 pages. The display on the main page will let you jump straight to pages 1-5 or the last page. Is there a way to include the second to last page # on that display (only show the first 4 pages and then the last 2?). The reason for this is that I don't always remember where I left off in reading the topic. By going to the second to last page I can usually find where I left off fairly quickly. If there have been a lot of posts since I last checked in it can take a while to figure it out by working backwards.

Obviously things are going fairly well if this is the biggest complaint that I can come up with. :D

Thanks,

Greg

There is already a way to do what you want to do, Greg. Click on the blue arrow just to the left of a topic's title if it exists. That will take you to the first unread post in the topic. If there were no posts added since your last visit then there will be no blue arrow. That method, while not a perfect solution, is probably more accurate than what you suggested.

Thanks Mal,

That works well, I just scroll up a couple of posts past where I left off to remember what was going on.

A much easier solution than rewriting code. :)

Greg

Back