Judge Orders Gangsta Rapper 50 Cent to Surrender All of his Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceOregon

The famous Gangsta Rapper and movie star 50 Cent is going through a break up with his girlfriend, who also has had a son by him. Last month, the $2.4 million dollar home that he had bought for his girlfriend and son to live in, mysterious burned down. This fire is currently being investigated by authorities as being suspicious in nature.

Now, his girlfriend went before a judge and asked for a temporary restraining order against him, claiming that he was dangerous, and behind her home burning down. So the judge issued such a temporary restraining order based on her testimony. But part of this order states that 50 Cent must surrender all firearms that he owns to the government.

What do you make of this? Should a judge take away a person's guns, just because someone comes forward and makes allegations that they are dangerous?? While the restraining order is only temporary, it seems to me that 50 Cent is getting no due process here. No chance to defend himself at all. No ruling or determination was made that he actually was a real danger. His ex-girlfriend just made charges against him. And how biased might she be?

Now I am certainly not a fan of him. Either of his music, or him personally either. I think that almost all of these "Gangsta Rappers" are idiots and low-lifes, in my opinion. No matter how many millions of dollars they make.

While I hate Gangsta Rap music, I'm still bothered that anyone can have all of their guns taken away from them, just by someone seeking a temporary restraining order against them.

Here is a news story all about this:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/idUKN2030884120080620

If you are not familiar with who 50 Cent is, here is a publicity photo of him that was taken to promote one of his albums:

50-cent-gun-5200138.jpg

He is well known for always wearing a diamond encrusted cross on his chest. Apparently he must be a very religious and pious person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back