Jonnny quest (cartoon)

Jason Kitta

I was channel surfing and happened on this program just as two bad guys where being told to put their guns down by a person in the shadows. They put them down and one of the good guys (girl in this case) picks up one of the guns. The other good guy walks into the light and was holding a fire extinguisher and says I don't care much for guns. The bad guys started to twitch and the girl that picked up one of their guns motions with it and says I don't have a problem with them, its just a matter of how you use them. With all the negative remarks as of late this one on a kids' tv show that was not anti gun struck me.

Jason

My 5-year-old son is a big fan of "The New Adventures of Johnny Quest" and I recall the episode you mentioned. They seem to try to avoid offending the nervous nellies by conducting much of the "violence" in their virtual-reality "Quest World". I was a big fan of the original Johnny Quest series when I was a kid (they call it "classic" Johnny Quest now).

I've seen a couple anti-hunting messages in the new series, but nothing close to the propaganda pushed by some of the other shows.

Rosco

Coworkers informed me that when the target audience is kids, it's a cartoon. When the target audience is adults, it's animation. Kids read comic books and adults will peruse "graphic novels."

I'm glad to hear that the "new" show treated the issue fairly instead of spewing the usual liberal-speak. The original show was very good, heck, it's still good. Better than some of the garbage on TV. But I'm biased - still like original Star Trek better than its successors, too!

<Sulu> "It's an old Police Special, and in beautiful condition!" "It fires lead projectiles, propelled by expanding gases from a chemical explosion."</Sulu>

Back