John Ross comments on "The Mitzvah"

Ipecac

I just got this today in the mail from JPFO, about Aaron Zelman's and L. Neil Smith's co-authored novel, "The Mitzvah". The following quote is by John Ross, author of "Unintended Consequences".

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"The Mitzvah" by Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith is powerful stuff. This attention-grabbing novel tells the story of a Catholic priest forced to comfront evidence that his birth parents were German Jews who hid their infant son with neighbors before being murdered in the Holocaust.

As a non-Jew, I was fascinated by the priest's efforts to investigate his birthright and understand the fundamentals of the Jewish faith. His intellectual and spiritual journey became my own.

What the priest discovers will alarm most readers. "The Mitzvah" clearly shows that in America, not only are many Jewish leaders and legislators ignoring the Bill of Rights, they are also ignoring the teachings of Judaism.

Like a clear diagnosis of cancer, "The Mitzvah" is upsetting but must not be ignored.[/quote]

------------------

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and thus clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." -- H.L. Mencken

[This message has been edited by Ipecac (edited July 14, 1999).]

Yes, it was in the subject. John Ross wrote the quoted section. In the spirit of clarity, I will edit my original post.

To order directly from JPFO go to:
http://www.jpfo.org/mitzvah.htm

I just ordered my copy since I know our local library won't stock anything that they consider to be remotely libertarian in nature. I never could convice them to get Unintended Consequences.

Back