John Farnam Training

As you can see I do not post much, but I thought I could actually interject some helpful knowledge.

First I have a question. Do your current instructors cover tactics and mind set?

The reason I ask is that Farnam is recognized world wide as one of the premier tacticians in small arm combat.

I have had some formal firearm training. I recently took a course from Bang Inc. with Jerry Miculek as my instructor. I learned and progressed more in one course than in all others together.

The caliber of instruction can be very important.

Good luck,

Charles.

By the way notice my quote at the end it is by Farnam. I respect his tactics enormously.

Hi Seeker,

I've paid for four (3 for me, 1 for wife) DTI(Farnam) courses in the last 1 1/2 years and I consider it the some of the best money I've ever spent. I would take that course in a heartbeat.

Dave

John puts on a great class, and regardless of your level of training, it's always enlightening to study with a new instructor. John may have a different way of presenting the material that may help you down the road if you begin to coach others, and he will have information from his many contacts in the industry and law enforcement. Go for it.

I've always heard good things about Farnam. Not to say anything bad about the other instructors, but I've known a lot who were good, but not great. The qualifications for an instructor are usually to be a good (better than average shot), though not always, and to pass the instructor's course. The great are few and far between!

Regards,
Chuck

John Farnham is an expert in pistol, rifle and shotgun tactics, as well as knives.

It wouldn't hurt to cross-train a little.

Back