Jog My Memory!

El Tut

My second S&W revolver that I purchased around 1984 and later sold like a dummy was chambered in .357, round butt, and had the heavy or "bull" barrel which was very short. 2" or less (1.86" comes to mind for some reason?) I am thinking this was a model 13? Anyone out there with any other guesses or a memory better than mine of such a revolver?

S&W made the Model 13 .357 Magnum with a 3” heavy barrel and a round butt. It had fixed sights and the ejector rod was exposed like on the Model 10. In fact, a Model 13 with a 4” barrel looks just like the 4” heavy barrel Model 10 38 Spl.

They also made a 2 1/2” Model 19 with a round butt. However the 19 has an adjustable rear sight and the ejector rod is protected by a barrel shroud. These revolvers were K frame revolvers. I don’t remember them making a 357 snubbie back then with a 1 7/8” barrel.

But they might have as S&W back then would make just about any configuration if a distributor would order enough to make it worth their while.

Did it look something like this, but in blue?

enhance

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/se...1/media/64548242329/medium/1557534397/enhance

Thats a Model 65 357mag with a 3" barrel

Back