jog my memory

old man

I recently came across a 1911 made by Randell, this is a Curtis LeMay commemorative, I believe. I seem to remember Randell as being one of the top pistolsmiths of his day. Does any one remember him or know of his work? This peice I am interested in is in near new condition, any thoughts on what it might be worth?

Randall was a maker of some real fine 1911's, they even made true left hand pistols. My Randall amgs are still the best of the ones I have (not having a real chance to try the ProMags yet). There is a Randall web site but it has been "under construction" for some time now. What are they asking for the Curtis LeMay, if I may ask? I would guess that it would be worth $1,000 + or so.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

The LeMay is a Officers sized(thereabouts)45.
Not many made, check the Gun List for going
prices. I had a Raider model(commander size)
for a while. Mine needed some work to get it to feed and eject. Many colt parts interchange. Their big pitch was the pistol was all stainless.

Thank you all for the reply, This could very well be an officers model, the salesman said commander slide on an officers frame, but it looked very similar to my officers carry model. If I have to give asking price it would be $800.00, a little haggeling might not hurt.

Back