"Jerry Miculek" grips?

AndABeer

Anyone tried these? Are they comfortable and functional for you? I realize that one person's great feeling grip is another's ergonomic nightmare but curious what the general feeling is.

AndABeer-My "Perfomance Center" 627 V-Comp came with the "Miculek" grips...I did NOT like them...seemed too "Sharp"-feeling to me...too narrow side-to-side and too deep front-to-back...also, being smooth, didn't feel real SECURE in my hands...yeah, I know that they are smooth because that supposedly allows one to "adjust" his grip easier as the gun comes up on target, but I just DON'T like 'em...now, keep in mind I've got a medium-small but fleshy hand...YMMV....(FWIW, I like the "rubber" Hogues best on all but the .44 Mag. N-frames...I use Pachmayr "Grippers" or "Presentations" on the .44's)...Hope this helps....mikey357

I've handled a pair on another shooters PC 627 v-comp. They look good, but seemed a little narrow for my hand. I didn't get a chance to shoot the gun so maybe they work better than they feel.

Joe

I have one and tried it on my 65 and 686. Maybe because I am used to an Uncle Mike's bootgrip, Miculek's felt too thick and deep, especially for my pinky finger which holds farther forward than my ring finger.

I'm torn between trying to sell it and trying to file it down.

After your post, I went to the range and tried their 627 rental that has the Miculek grips.
I found it too thin for my hands and I like to have finger grooves to index on.
YMMV
I prefer Hogue or Ajax grips. FWIW

I found the Miculek grips on my PC 627 too small for my boney hands--I need a big chunk of grip. When shooting my hands would slip upward and my middle finger became numb from being battered by the trigger guard. Someone with big hands may find them just right, but I switched to the Hogue monogrips found on the 686+.

No, fubsy, I don't want to get rid of them. They are very attractive and I will keep them to dress up the gun when I find the occassion to do so.

I have a set on my 686. For me, they work and are comfortable, but I have small hands. As others have noted, they are somewhat thin or slight feeling compared to other grips I've had in the past. For those with large hands, they probably wouldn't do.

Mike

Guy b. Meridth,

Well ok, I was thinking it was possible to perhaps purchase them...since I have a fat hand with short fingers and I believe they were designed for that type of hand they might have worked............since you have posted that you need a big chunky grip, I have a beautiful pair of herrets Jordan Troopers for a sq butt N frame that are two big for my hands, despite being made for them?(I dont know how that works), think about a possible trade or something if your of interest........what condition are the grips you have and what is there cost?....Ive never purchased any just heard of them...tks fubsy.

fubsy,

The grips are almost new, used for less than 50 rounds. However, I have a thing about keeping my guns 'standard' or being able to put them back together like they were when I got them, so I will keep the Miculek grips. I'm a sort of packrat that way.

guy,
tks for the response and Im more or less the same way.....being a packrat that is...lol...tks anyway....Ill be sending these back to herrets to see if they can improve them for me.....Ive hesitated for some time now cause they are really beautiful.....fubsy.

Spegal Grips??

Dillion has the wood Spegal Boot Grips for the N frame Mountain Gun. They look good but has do they function compared to the stock rubber grips? Please give me your opinions? FYI they are $60. Thanks.

Back