Jericho/Baby Eagle

Kentucky Rifle

I gave my 9MM away to a "Glockless" relative who was drooling over it and couldn't afford a good pistol, so now I need another 9MM. I'm really thinking of buying this Jericho/Baby Eagle in 9MM. It's a modrately priced pistol and I've read it is accurate and has almost no recoil. I'm thinking about getting the smallest version. It comes three ways. Blue, hard chrome, and with a polymer "lower".
Does anyone have experience with this pistol? Do you like it? How about the polymer version? It's much lighter and I'd be using it to replace a 9MM Glock. (I know, get another Glock. However, I have several Glocks and the smallest version of the Baby Eagle looks pretty good. Plus, if it's made in Israel, I think it just has to be durable. (Desert conditions, many enemies--good guns are necessary.)

Thanks,
Kentucky Rifle

The Baby Eagles are excellent pistols, and are phenominally accurate. Some models come with a slide-mounted safety, others with a frame mount. You won't be dissapointed. The CZ is also good, but I like the balance of the Baby (longer shroud). I prefer the steel guns, but if you gotta have tactical tupperware, oh well.....

Thanks George...

Actally the one I'm looking at is the all hard chrome, smallest model.
This is a good looking handgun! I think I can hear it calling my name...I KNOW I can hear it! "Will, Will, take me home". Can't you hear it? :)
The truth is that I really didn't want to give my (9MM) Glock 26 away (the G26 also fit my (.40 cal) G27 holsters), but when someone wants one so badly and simply has no hope of being able to afford one in the near future...well, what'er you going to do?? At least I made someone happy, and that's ALWAYS a good deal. :) And yes, she's safe. I taught her to shoot myself.

Kentucky Rifle

Kentucky,

I had a Baby Eagle subcompact with the polymer frame. Like the post above from George, the accuracy was extremely good. Better than all the Glock 19s or 26s I've shot. Mine had a slide mounted safety that was difficult to engage with a normal shooting grip (and I have long hands/fingers). The deciding factor as to why I sold it was because of the muzzle flip. Felt recoil was not at all bad, however it had more muzzle flip than any 9mm I've shot. It felt a lot like a .40 to me.

The fit/finish was outstanding, no jams, no FTF, FTE, etc. It was pretty much the muzzle flip that did it in. I have since purchased an HS2000 to fill my 9mm needs.

Oh, one more thing that I just remembered....the construction of the Baby Eagle is similar to the CZ, or so I've heard. The slide fits inside the frame, instead of over the frame rails. This made gripping the small pistol nice, gave lots of area for my thumbs with a high grip. It does, however, make the slide height very short, about 3/4" if I remember correctly....this made grasping the cocking serrations on the rear of the slide quickly quite a task. Great gun though, enjoyed it very much.

I own a newer decocker version of the Baby Eagle in .45. It's been a great pistol, and I think it's a great value for the $400 I paid for it.

Back